Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October Fun

It has been so busy lately. Can't imagine why?! We had the rose parade last weekend and both girls and my oldest son were in the pre-parade performance. Then my two oldest boys marched in it with their bands and my oldest daughter marched with her cheer team. We had to be at the stadium at 7:45am and did not leave the stadium until 11:30 as my boys marching bands were the last two units! I have to say the two youngest boys were good as gold. So, off to McDonalds we went for a celebration then when we finally got home, Mom took a nap!

This weekend we have a baseball game, cheer competition and the youth group is running the Haunted Maze for the church's fall festival.

The next weekend we are doing my youngest daughter's birthday party a early so my dear sweet husband can take me away for a weekend with another couple for golfing and fun. He usually goes on an exotic bow hunt but this year he and his friend decided to spend their money on the wives! How sweet is that!?!

Fall weather has finally arrived and I was so happy I had already gotten out the warmer clothes. I sent the kids to school with coats in their backpacks and they came off the bus yesterday afternoon wearing them.

I will post pictures from the competition and from the parade as soon as I can. Not that I am a proud mom or anything! *grinning*

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Your so busy! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Kellan said...

I have 4 kids and I also live in Texas - we are glad it has cooled off. See ya.