Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Insanity has Begun!

On Monday night, my 2nd oldest started band camp. It occurs every night this week except Wednesday and next week it will be twice a day. Dance tryouts for my oldest daughter for competitive dance are next Thursday Friday and Saturday as well as the beginning of the dance team practice for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders competition which, if we score high enough, means we will be performing at a half-time extravaganze at a Cowboys game. As exciting as that sounds, one must understand that I am NOT a fan of "America's" team. But, I will go, I will cheer for my daughter, and I will wear the colors of whatever team happens to be playing against Dallas that week. And, hopefully, my husband will stand between me and whoever I offend with my cheers and boos! LOL!

Summer is slipping away so we are doing as much as can in these last few "dog days" of summer.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Ah. Yes. The last rush to get everything in before school starts. Have fun!!! Hope you DO get to the Cowboys game (For your daughter's sake...I'm not a football fan, period.) Bunch o' tough guys running round knocking one another over!!! (LOL....Hope you don't have raving fans reading your blog!!)

Unknown said...

Oh my have I got a story to tell you about cheering for the "wrong" team at a professional football game. . . . I think I'll save that for it's very own post, now that football season has officially begun :-) Thanks for the idea ;-)

Unknown said...

Oh - and my site is http://www.commonmom.com

It makes me log in with my google account before posting a comment, so I can't put my blog address in there :-)