Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

I am the proud parent of an 8th grade Student Council Reporter! I went today to hear his speech. Wow his voice has gotten deep! Yikes! Another cool thing was the kids I knew wanted me to sit with them. So, there I was, in the middle of a bunch of teenagers listening to my son's speech while all the other parents were on the front row.

We had our youth lock-in on Friday night. I was expecting @ 18 kids........Actual head count.......drum roll please........31 youth! We had a video scavenger hunt, played games, ate lots of food and stayed up all night long! Yes....I stayed up too! Saturday was spent asleep on the couch while my husband kept up with where the kids were. Gave him a chance to watch golf and college football too. He kept saying he was going to the lease but, I am sooooo glad he didn't! I finally came back to life @ 5pm and was back in bed by 10pm.

Progress reports come out tomorrow so we will have some idea how everyone is doing. I don't know if I am looking forward to that or not. Everything coming home looks good so we should be okay.

I finally got the living room finished and am going to order the window treatments this week. As soon as I get it all together I will post pictures. Of course, all this painting has made me want new kitchen cabinets and furniture. All in due time.

Jason's birthday is coming up quicker than I want it to so we are going to sit down and make our list of invitees and what the theme will be.

We are also getting ready for a flamingo fundraiser in youth. I hope everyone who gets flocked has a sense of humor about it!

2 comments:

PJ said...

You must be a terrific youth leader/parent! Believe me, 8th graders don't invite any ole' parent to sit with them!!!

A teacher of 8th graders!!

PJ

Sarah said...

That is a problem. Everytime I do something in the house I want soooo many different things changed, or something nice and new to go with it.