Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No more crutches!!!

Woohoo! I am finally off the crutches! Only took 3 months but I am off of them. Of course I still have the brace that runs from my ankle all the way up but I now have both hands free! Now I can do all my stuff again! All my cleaning....laundry........cooking.........YIKES! Where did those crutches go!?!

I have a new physical therapist. He is the best! He makes me walk everyday (he, of course, rides his bicycle). He encourages me every step of the way and extends the walk every chance he gets. He is tough but loving. His strategy to get me to walk farther is a very cute smile and the words...."Awww, Mom, you can do it. It's not THAT much farther" Did I mention he is 5 years old and very hard to say no too?

Update on my pastor: His kidneys are improving and they are back to just a liver transplant. He did have a transfusion yesterday as he had several small tears in his esophagus that had to be stitched up. He should go on the transplant list today. He is very weak but still in good spirits. This is all due to Crohn's disease causing sirhosis of the liver. Thank you for your prayers.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Praise God the crutches are gone!! I love the picture I get of your young therapist encouraging you. That's sooo sweet!!! Maybe you can claim amnesia on returning to all the housework. Are you sure your remember how to do laundry??? LOL

PJ said...

Best I can recall, it's red and white together!!! Maybe add some blue. Very patriotic. I like patriotic laundry!! LOL

Jodie Wolfe said...

I could use your help. I am trying to survey as many women as possible to find out what ten struggles they face as a Christian woman. If you have a few minutes, I would love your input on my blog in regards to the ten struggles that Christian women face. Thank you!

Please pass this on to your friends as well.