Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mother of Year???? I don't think so

So, my 14yo has made the All-Star Team! Woohoo!

He has made a comment during the last couple of weeks of the regular season about his cleats being a little tight. I am thinking that we will have to buy a new pair for the fall season. When he came off the field for practice last night, he showed me his blisters on his toes that were caused by taking his socks off because they made his shoes too tight.

I am thinking "WHAT??? You just said they were a little tight two weeks ago!"

So off to the store today to buy new cleats so he will have them for the first game tonight.

He has been wearing a size 9 or 9.5 so I ask the kid in the store for a 10.5.... I am thinking that will give a little growing room. The kid comes back and they don't have a 10.5 but they do have an 11 and an 11.5

Drew puts the 11 on his foot. I am thinking "growing room". His toe is smushed into the end of the shoe. The 11.5 is a little better but still tight.

WHAT????!!!!! You have been wearing a 9!!!!!

They are out of size 12-14. So, off we go to another store and ask for a 12. They also are out of size 12 but they have a 12.5 we can try. I am thinking, "okay, if it just happens to not be too long we will go ahead and get it and he can just wear one of his regular socks under the baseball sock to make up for the difference in size"

I should not have even bothered having that thought. The 12.5 fits. Yep, that's right, it fits!

My poor baby has been wearing a 9 all season and is now in a 12.5.......

Now I know what "a little tight" really means!!!!!

The good news: I didn't buy a 10 AND 11 to get him through the season!?!

4 comments:

PJ said...

It's amazing. My oldest did those sort of growth spurts too...your son probably could have worn a 10.5 or 11 a month ago!!! Pray that it stops growing!! They get hard to find in larger sizes! LOL

Kellan said...

That is one easy-going kid to wear a shoe that is 3 sizes too small - HA!! Great story.

Nice to see you today - thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon - Kellan

Faithful Froggers said...

Congrats on the All-Star Team!! :) Our season was a lot of fun - but I am so glad it is over for now. I was needing a baseball break. ;)

Too funny about the shoes!! And I laughed out loud at the post below about the swimsuit! Aren't kids great?!Thanks so much for sharing.

Rock Star said...

There is a call for better support for many prison educators in relation to what they are able to teach and how they are able to do so.  One thing that seems to be getting the thumbs up is how Functional Skills qualifications are being taught in prison and the effect that they are having on the students/prisoners.
3gathome.com |

3ghomezone.com |

ahome4hope.com |

andeantraveltours.com |

autoacross.com |