Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Last night was interesting

My oldest boy came by last night to get his guitar and bring me the football schedule so I can watch him play in the band. (We love marching band, it is paying for his college). While he was here my husband came home and decided to challenge Ben to some wrestling. Ben did not want anything to do with it as he was afraid his dad would get hurt. I did not want them wrestling as I was afraid they would go all out and I would end up at the emergency room with both of them trying to explain what had happened and that it was not abuse! LOL! I insisted they agree to not break any fingers as Ben has band camp this week. Well, they went at it and Ben got the best of his dad twice. And, of course, this was in the front yard where all the teenagers walking around the neighborhood had a front row seat! Johnny kept saying that he had "let" Ben get the best of him. After it was all over Ben, with a silly grin on his face, asked me if that now meant he was the "dominate male" at the house. I asked him if he was ready to start supporting the whole family and he decided he did not want that role.

And, as is typical around here, at one point when Ben was getting the best of Johnny, the youngest boys jumped on Ben to help their dad. It got him laughing enough that he lost his grip. Then we learned how fickle their loyalty is........Johnny was starting to get the better of Ben at one point and they jumped on HIM to save their brother! They were just watching to see who was winning and break it up so it would last longer.

Ben and Drew were wrestling and Drew would start laughing every time he picked Ben up so he naturally dropped him and Ben got him. I think if they ever seriously got into it, Drew would win. But, playing......Drew just laughs too much!

I should probably call Ben this morning and be sure he can still move with all the wrestling he was doing!

We are picking up the packet to enroll Luke in preschool today. Please pray everything goes smoothly. I have a really good feeling about this.

I have to finish up the fall calendar for youth today too. Everything is pretty much in place, I just have to finish getting the materials together and do the final planning for the activities in September.

Which means I had better get busy!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think Jason wants boy for this reason! I told him he can just toughen up the girls!

Prayers for the preschool thing to go smoothly! You are a busy woman!