Monday, August 13, 2007

Where did the weekend go?

Wow this weekend went by fast! And I don't really think we did anything!

I started Christmas shopping on Friday! Yeah Me! Friday afternoon I took the kids to Hobby Lobby and will be going back today as I got some more Christmas ideas. I used to have all my shopping done by October 1st and all my wrapping done by Thanksgiving. It certainly made the holidays easier to enjoy. I am determined to get as close to that as I can this year. For reasons of growth spurts, some of the shopping will have to wait until a closer time but if that is all I have left, I am doing great!

Saturday was the big grocery store trip. Come to think of it.....that is all I left the house for besides church this weekend. It was just too hot to do much of anything. Sunday evening the kids wanted to kiddie pool out. Johnny, Drew and I got out our pitching wedges and did our best imitations of the pro golfers we had been watching.

All in all it was just a great family weekend.

The kids are looking forward to school! At least most of them are. Ben actually starts a week before we do. Ha! Ha! Big college man has to start school before his siblings......awww...poor baby! Of course, he gets out before we do for Christmas. He did get moved back in with my dad. I am soooo happy about that! The rest of the kids that are in school start on the 27th, which just happens to be my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! I'm kidding. I will really miss having them around. I am looking for a good preschool for Luke. Please keep me in your prayers on that one.

September marks the beginning of Flamingo season in our church. It is a fundraiser where we flock peoples yards with pink flamingos for a price. Once you are flocked, the removal fee of $5 is paid and you can flock whoever's yard you want to! The pastor has asked that we limit the number of times his yard can be flocked! Gee! I wonder why?

Our golden retriever is officially an inside dog right now. She will go outside with me to get the laundry off the line and if the kids are outside but then it is in the house for her! Lots of vacuuming at my house! I think the neighbors dogs are jealous. Especially since everytime Abby gets out she goes over to them. I really do think she is saying something akin to "HA HA I get to go inside and you don't!" I think this because they don't seem to want to talk to her......

We have this week and next week before school starts so I will probably finish up supply shopping today and clothes shopping this weekend. It feels good to actually be getting this stuff done before the night before. It has only taken me 5 years to get back to that.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

School!!!!

Anna is starting kindergarten, and Mary is 4th grade! That leave Alexandria and I alone for a few hours a day. I have a while until college for them, but I know the time will fly by.

jim said...

The world of attorneys can seem overwhelming to people who are unfamiliar with it. You can learn what you have a reliable lawyer for your needs. Keep reading to learn more about what to expect from a good lawyer.
http://www.travelswithmaddog.com |

http://www.unionjacktechnology.com |

http://www.vpmautogb.com |

http://www.wearecrafthouse.com |

http://www.youthbusinessamerica.com |